We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and our teams have access to working patterns that work for them.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- On-site and Hybrid working patterns help us spend the right amount of time together
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be responsible for leading, planning and implementing state of the art solutions for the Art team. You will set great examples and help mentor more junior Technical Artists to maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines within the studio.
You will represent Splash Damage's art team on all issues related to art production and work closely with all other teams in assisting with the technical implementation and management of in-house and outsourced assets.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience of pushing technical boundaries and ensuring the Art team can work as efficiently as possible. If you think you’ve got what it takes to help Splash Damage raise the bar and strive for excellence, we’d like to hear from you!
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will:
- Drive state of the art visuals that complement the game design and help deliver an exceptional product.
- Collaborate with the Art, Engineering and Production departments to ensure all dependencies are met.
- Drive the game’s run-time performance and memory consumption optimization efforts.
- Mentor and help the Art team develop workflows and high standards for efficient content generation.
- Develop and maintain Employee Growth Plans to mentor more junior Technical Artists at the studio.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Intimate knowledge of the content creation pipeline (modelling/Uv’ing, texturing/shading, lighting, FX and rigging/animation).
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows.
- Experience as a Lead Technical Artist on shipped AAA titles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal Tech.
- Extensive application scripting experience in DCC.
- Good knowledge of Linear Algebra, Calculus and related mathematical concepts found in 3D technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with the Substance suite and Houdini
- Knowledge of lower-level programming languages such as C++
- Knowledge of shading languages, e.g. HLSL, GLSL, cg or pssl
- Experience with post-launch support and live service.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.